In 1948 architects Thomas Flinn, AIA, and Siberius "Si" Saito, AIA, opened their office in downtown Waterloo, Iowa. Their first project was St. Edward's Catholic Church followed by Columbus High School and Don Bosco High School. Daryl Andersen, AIA, joined the firm as a partner in 1974. Tom Flinn and Si Saito retired in 1976. Architect Robert DeVoe later merged his architectural practice with Daryl Andersen and continued the work Flinn Saito Andersen Architects had begun.
As the group transitioned to host a new crop of architects, the firm did business as Andersen Holst Trost Svoboda Architects (aka AHTS Architects) from 1994-2019.
Building on the firm's strong foundations, we look to the future after becoming Align Architecture & Planning, PLC in 2020.